Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Best Thing For Persistent Cough If Your Child Has A Persistent Cough, But No Other Signs Of Illness Do You Give Cough Syrup?

If your child has a persistent cough, but no other signs of illness do you give cough syrup? - best thing for persistent cough

My daughter (she is technically my step-daughter) is six years. She lives with us full time and only rarely sees his mother (the last time was in January for about 30 minutes). She had a very persistent cough lately, but does not seem to hurt in the chest or coughing, coughing a lot. She asked me to disappear him some cough syrup for coughs, and I was tempted to hear the whole night. However, if used to their mother regularly gave to his mother and his maternal grandmother to see him medication for every little thing. If the toe or a small scratch immediately give their child Tylenol. So I had to come home and the demand for drugs, was not wrong.

I fear that the use of medicines for coughs, except against the painful cough. She says she has a dry throat. I am her drink lots of water and liquids, but she will still have the cough syrup disadvantages. Give your children cough syrup when your cough is not really worried and have no OTHHE signs of the disease? The cough lasts about four days.

I'm curious what other mothers. Thank you!

10 comments:

ozboz48 said...

There are two things you can do.

First - the steam. Use a vaporizer or take a hot shower. This will loosen mucus.

Secondly - dark honey. A number of people have to say about honey, but you have to be dark. It works just as well or better than cough syrup disadvantages. Use a teaspoon, as you want - even if they tend to go for honey in hot tea, because tea is also soothing.

All the best.

sarah_sm... said...

Tis the season to be sick.

I would definitely him cough medicine. Even if it is "painful", they probably did not sleep at night, it is much coughing. If the cough is not possible within the next 48 hours, which to the doctor. Pneumonia, flu, sore throat rotate. Good luck.

sroberso... said...

Try a little honey! Recently I read in a magazine for parents that honey is a great natural cough. It coats the throat set off / tickle. When using honey may indicate that there is a dry cough. It can not hurt to try!

Band Kid said...

I'm in the same place. I coughed for two consecutive days. The same type of cough. Ask him to come and disadvantages of cough syrup (which my mother told me) or give him a candy disadvantages cough (my English teacher because it detrimental to a lot at d cough "test xD). Both were working.

Kat H said...

Not interfere with people coughing all night. I know that if I cough at night, when I wake up several times. If my child has a cough at night, then you give him medicine for coughs, he has other symptoms of the disease or not.

Kat H said...

Not interfere with people coughing all night. I know that if I cough at night, when I wake up several times. If my child has a cough at night, then you give him medicine for coughs, he has other symptoms of the disease or not.

mudraker... said...

Is it likely to have asthma, as sometimes that can come and stay with your child. Perhaps it will be checked as asthma requiring prevention.

Please don't jump to conclus said...

Well ... What diseases can a child really is? In addition, it may be allergies or asthma. Because the use of cough and many doctors discovered he was allergic to pollen, dust and dandruff ... It was not that the allergy is worse ... because my eyes itchy and swollen. So, if I were you, I would ask your doctor about allergy testing performed only if you can afford ... if you are discreet.

Please don't jump to conclus said...

Well ... What diseases can a child really is? In addition, it may be allergies or asthma. Because the use of cough and many doctors discovered he was allergic to pollen, dust and dandruff ... It was not that the allergy is worse ... because my eyes itchy and swollen. So, if I were you, I would ask your doctor about allergy testing performed only if you can afford ... if you are discreet.

pdooma said...

No

He is very irritable and mad. I like to try it with moist heat - have to sit and play, a warm bath for a while to see if that does not help.

And it really depends on whether it is a wet or dry cough. Is this a productive cough? There are a lot of cough and many different reasons.

For what happens in these days, I'd go and give Pedi Call and ask about the cough if it has lasted 4 days now. You may want to see and hear the cough and see whether it is in the lungs and other things.

Post a Comment